At the beginning of January we had our latest Ofsted inspection which is now available to view online. We were thrilled with the comments from the inspector and we would love to share the results with you…
- The new management team has a clear vision for the nursery and evaluates practice routinely. Managers use feedback from parents, staff and children to identify and develop areas for improvement.
- Children play in a welcoming and engaging environment. Staff have sound expectations for children’s learning. They plan a range of enjoyable and challenging activities and children are eager to join in. All children make good progress from their starting points.
- Staff use a variety of effective methods to engage parents and involve them in the nursery. For example, parents are encouraged to share ‘wow’ moments from home, are given ideas for activities to try at home and have regular meetings with staff to discuss their child’s development and achievements.
- Children are happy and settle well. They demonstrate good levels of independence and self-esteem as they lead and make choices about their play.
- Staff provide good support for children who are starting school. They work closely with children to ensure they are emotionally ready for their eventual move on to school.